Event Sales Coordinator.
The Aster Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Event Sales Coordinator to join our team. You will have the ability to creatively structure and plan events successfully to achieve sales targets and budgets. Following up enquires via phone and email with potential clients is a very important part of the role, as is converting enquiries to sales.
With three individual properties, the Aster Group caters for all functions including weddings, engagement and birthday parties, right through to corporate golf days. We have the facilities to cater for up to 450 people, therefore your organisation skills need to be exceptional.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Customer service and relationship building with our corporate partners and patrons
- Sales appointments and promotion of venue to potential clients
- Event enquires and follow up, converting to sales
- Keeping the online calendar up to date and accurate on a daily basis
- Coordinate event set up and pack down
- Event administration including documenting of all transactions and preparing reports for our accounts department using Excel and Word.
- Preparation of accurate and detailed run sheets
- Invoicing and receiving and processing deposits and payments
- Liaising with our Head Chef, Customer Service Managers, Executives and Venue Managers
- Participate in club promotional activities
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in functions sales and marketing including wedding sales
- The ability to recommend and implement marketing initiatives
- Have exceptional knowledge of food and beverage service and experience in managing functions
- Fantastic communications skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to create a fantastic experience for all of our guests
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organisation skills
- A focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Knowledge in Publisher, Excel, Word, Ideal POS and Event Pro is an advantage.
- Experience in coordinating a variety of events including weddings, gala dinners and corporate functions
- You must be dedicated and be flexible towards working hours, understand the commitment needed and have the drive to deliver excellence.
- A focus on managing an events schedule to maximise yield
To be a part of this award-winning team, apply now via seek. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For confidential enquiries please contact Human Resources on 42711155.